Find a perfect slice of fall spice with an easy pumpkin bread recipe that’s a cut above the rest. It has all those nostalgic fall holiday flavors like cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and more (so prepare to have your kitchen smell absolutely ah-mazing). Drizzle it with the complementing maple coconut glaze, and this fall dessert becomes true cozy bliss in every bite.
The Recipe Card: Dairy-Free Pumpkin Bread with Coconut Maple Glaze
What You’ll Need to Make the Best Pumpkin Bread Recipe
For the Dairy-Free Pumpkin Bread:
- 1/2 cup Harmless Harvest Unsweetened Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned or homemade pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
For the Maple Coconut Glaze:
- 3 tbsp Harmless Harvest Unsweetened Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice to form the foundation of bread.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, unsweetened applesauce, unsweetened plain coconut yogurt alternative, honey (or pure maple syrup), eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Avoid overmixing to achieve a smooth, integrated batter.
- Gently fold in melted coconut oil and pour batter into the prepared loaf pan, ensuring it’s evenly spread.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached.
- Let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely while starting on glaze.
- Sift confectioners’ sugar into a mixing bowl and add maple syrup, unsweetened plain coconut yogurt alternative, and vanilla extract. Mix gently with whisk or fork until a smooth glaze forms.
- Pour glaze over cooled bread immediately. Slice up your dairy-free pumpkin bread and enjoy!
Not Your Average Yogurt Alternative
Packed with all the things you want (and nothing you don’t), Harmless Harvest coconut-based yogurt alternative is a delicious treat for any time or place. Morning parfaits, a quick afternoon pick-me-up, a lunchbox enhancer for the kiddos, or even a late-night snack—it's pureed to perfection and always hits the spot. Here’re just a few reasons why you’ll love it:
- 100% vegan, dairy-free, and soy-free.
- Made the traditional way, with seven live and active yogurt strains.
- By hand scooping tender Nam Hom coconut meat from the same coconuts ethically harvested for our best-selling pink coconut water, our yogurt alternative is fully Upcycle Certified.
- It’s Fair for Life too, which means we only partner with organic farms using sustainable methods, and set aside money and resources to support the community in Thailand with every coconut purchased.
Make It Yours
The only thing left to do now is bring home the best dairy-free yogurt alternative for yourself! Finding a store near you is just a few clicks away…
Head over to our online Store Locator tool. Enter your zip code, choose “dairy-free yogurt” under the Browse Products menu, select all the flavors and sizes you’d like, and click the pink “Find Products” button. You’ll instantly see all the grocery and specialty stores in your area that have the Harmless Harvest vegan coconut yogurt you’re looking for.