Vegan Yuzu Bundt Cake
This Vegan Lemon Yuzu Bundt cake recipe is a full of flavor, coconut dream come true... and it's all thanks to our tangy Harmless Harvest Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative. It's also totally gluten free. Sure to make it into your baking rotation, this perfectly sweet ‘n sour Vegan Yuzu Bundt Cake is so delish you won’t even miss the dairy!
@harmlessharvest yuzu goes crazy 😤 this vegan bundt cake is our new fav treat. find the recipe on our blog in bio! 🍋 #vegan #harmlessharvest #dessert #vegandessert #veganrecipes #veganfood ♬ Sia - Xeptemper
How to make Vegan Lemon Yuzu Bundt Cake
What you'll need:
For the cake:
3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (creates a more tender cake)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup yuzu juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Zest of two organic lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 2 cups Harmless Harvest plain coconut yogurt
For the frosting:
- 4 tablespoons yuzu juice
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Get a large bowl and combine your dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt.
- In a bowl, combine lemon zest with sugar and microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring and allowing it to cool for a few minutes in between intervals to allow it to dehydrate to create your citrus sugar.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together the wet ingredients: avocado oil, yogurt, vanilla extract, and yuzu juice, lemon juice, and lemon sugar until combined.
- Gradually combine the flour with the wet mixture, one cup at a time until fully incorporated.
- To make sure that the cake batter doesn’t stick to the pan, spray it down with cooking oil or pour out a tiny bit of oil onto a paper towel and rub down the inside of the bundt pan. Pour the cake batter into the pan, and bake for 50 minutes. To test if the cake is ready, stick a chopstick or skewer all the way into the cake. If it comes out clean with no wet batter, it’s ready.
- Remove the pan from oven and let cool for 20 minutes. While the cake is cooling, prepare the yuzu simple syrup: in the microwave or in a small pot, melt the yuzu juice and sugar.
- When cake is nearly cool, flip upside down onto a wire rack on a sheet pan (to use for glazing) and remove pan carefully. With a chopstick/skewer/toothpick, poke a few holes on top of the cake (don’t worry, the glaze will cover it later!) and drizzle the yuzu syrup generously all over the cake, or inject syrup into cracks with pipette.
- In a bowl, whisk the powdered sugar with yuzu juice for the glaze until smooth and thick, but pourable. Drizzle the glaze over the bundt cake (and save some extra for serving!). Allow the glaze to pour down onto the sheet pan under the wire rack—when glaze is dry, transfer to serving plate.
Recipe by @foodwithliz