With Halloween just around the corner, it’s only natural for your sweet tooth to be making itself heard. Instead of the traditional candy binge this year, whip up a batch of these oh-so fudgy avocado brownies. Made with savory avocado and Harmless Harvest unsweetened dairy-free coconut yogurt, you’ll find that they’re a healthy treat with a taste so good—it’s almost spooky.
@harmlessharvest It’s back-to-school season and thinking of creative lunch ideas for your little ones on the daily can get overwhelming 📚✏️🚌📓 We’re here to help with their fav part—dessert, but a healthier version using our Unsweetened Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative ✨ This simple and quick Fudgy Avocado Brownie recipe from @itsallgoodvegan is a delish treat without the extra butter and sugar! Fudgy Avocado Brownies Recipe Ingredients: • ½ cup avocado (mashed into a paste) • ½ cup of Harvest Unsweetened Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative • ¾ cup oat flour • ½ cup cocoa powder • ¼ cup cane sugar • ½ tsp baking soda • 2 tsp vanilla extract • ½ cup dairy-free milk • 1 cup of chocolate chips • Flakey sea salt (optional) Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a square pan with parchment paper and set it aside. 2. In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients and mix well. Then, combine all dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips. Mix well until a batter forms. 3. Fold ¾ cup of chocolate chips into the batter. Using a spatula, scrap the batter into the baking pan. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the batter. 4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a pick inserted into the brownies come out clean. 5. Let brownies cool in a pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Sprinkle brownies with sea salt. 6. Optional to pop them in the fridge for an extra fudgy texture. Enjoy! #brownierecipe #backtoschool #dessertrecipe ♬ Ghibli-style nostalgic waltz - MaSssuguMusic
The Recipe Card: Fudgy Avocado Brownies
This healthier take on a classic dessert bite has the protein of avocado and vegan coconut yogurt baked right in. Plus, they’re quick to assemble, so you can whip up a batch in a snap! Here’s how to make it happen:
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup avocado (mashed into a paste)
- 1/2 cup of Harmless Harvest Unsweetened Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar (we use cane sugar)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Flakey sea salt (optional)
How to Make Them:
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a square pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients and mix well. Then, combine all dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips. Mix well until a batter forms.
3. Fold 3/4 cup of chocolate chips into the batter. Using a spatula, scrap the batter into the baking pan. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the batter.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick or fork inserted into the brownies comes out clean.
5. Let brownies cool in a pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Sprinkle brownies with sea salt.
6. Optional to pop them in the fridge for an extra fudgy texture. Enjoy!
Why Fans Love Our Coconut Yogurt
The shoppers have spoken, and Harmless Harvest is one of the best coconut yogurt brands around! The reason? There’s actually a few…
- Our coconut based yogurt is made using only organic, hand scooped meat from young Nam Hom coconuts from Thailand—yum!
- Whether you’re lactose intolerant or simply wish to avoid animal-based products, you can rest easy knowing that we only offer dairy-free and vegan-friendly coconut yogurt
- Our coconut yogurt is 100% soy free, making it safe for those with allergies or sensitivities
- 7 live and active naturally cultured yogurt strains in each tub makes ours the best coconut yogurt around
- Our delicious coconut yogurt is Upcycled Certified, which means it's made only using upcycled coconut meat
Plus, not only do we offer the naturally tangy, unsweetened coconut yogurt option used in our fudgy avocado brownies, but we have several fruit infused flavors as well! Try our vanilla, strawberry, mango, and blueberry coconut yogurt too.
But wait, it gets better! Because Harmless Harvest dairy-free yogurt is great for eating on its own or incorporating into recipes. Use it for sweet eats like these fudgy avocado brownies and for savory dishes like our Vegan Italian Farro Salad as well.
Where to Find Our Coconut Yogurt
Can’t wait even a moment more for these fudgy avocado brownies? Let’s hook you up with our unsweetened coconut yogurt, ASAP. Here’s how to find it…
Simply use our online Store Locator tool. Enter your zip code, choose “dairy-free yogurt” under the Browse Products menu, select all the flavors and sizes you’d like, and click the pink “Find Products” button. You’ll then see all the grocery and specialty stores in your area that have the Harmless Harvest vegan coconut yogurt you’re looking for.
Craving More Coconut?
Our dairy-free coconut yogurt is just the start! There’s plenty more coconutty goodness to go around. Here are a couple other families of products we think you’ll love (and can be found in-store or available for shipping straight to your doorstep).
Our organic coconut water is our tried-and-true original, with plenty of refreshing taste and electrolyte-replenishing benefits packed into every recycled plastic bottle. It even has a pretty pink coconut water color! Try our three unique flavors in addition to our original option: watermelon, mango, and pink lady apple (also available in a bundle with 10% off with subscription).
More than a sip but more refreshing than a snack, our coconut smoothie blends the flavor and benefits of organic coconut water with crunchy and delicious coconut meat. It’s great for any time of the day (or night) and packed with a tasty and creamy flavor you’ll love!