Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
This easy-to-make Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream recipe requires just a few simple ingredients and a blender to deliver a dreamy, ice cream parlor-worthy treat. Using our delicious Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative as the base, we amp it up with fresh coconut meat, coconut milk and cacao for a healthy dose of choco goodness. It’s vegan, gluten-free and crowd pleasing.
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup Harmless Harvest coconut yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup fresh coconut chunks (from 1 fresh coconut) *see note for how to make without 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
How to Make:
- Crack open your coconut. Separate the coconut meat from the shell and break into small pieces.
- Place all ingredients in your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Freeze into ice cubes, but reserve about 1/3 cup chocolate coconut milk in liquid form.
- Place ice cubes back in the blender and add your reserved liquid.
- Blend until smooth. Be very gentle with your blender and stop to scrape down the sides any time the blender stops working (stops actually blending anything). Be patient and let your ice cubes thaw for 5-10 minutes if you’re not having any luck blending.
- Once smooth, top with toasted coconut or any topping(s) you like!